Prefer to Talk?
- We are now able to make our own decisions and follow a calendar that we just know what is happening with our farm.
- We are able to track our production and income using Farm Owners Academy tools and systems.
- We are able to achieve clarity, organisation and communication.
- Farm Owners Academy strategies helped us to know that we are employing the right person for the job we want done.
- Farm Owners Academy helped us look at farming not just as a lifestyle but as a business, from lesson sheets to financials.
- Every road has been pretty astounding, pretty great experience.
- At first, I felt guilty when I wasn’t doing labor in the farm. Now, I’m making more money being in the office, planning and making bigger decisions.
- We’ve seen our development skyrocket in 2 years.
- Whether you are young or old farmer, we suggest having a coach as it was a game-changer for us. We learned to start from our future end goal to what we are currently doing which is the best thing we ever did.
- In just 18 months we have quadrupled our profit and scaled our business by 50% more land without investing any more money or capital.
- The changes and freedom we have experienced have been phenomenal.
- FOA is for any farmer that really wants to push ahead and go forward.
- It's a little bit overwhelming but, WOW.
- Since we’ve started Farm Owners Academy we’ve definitely made the farm operations more professional.
- We go and do our strategic planning, we have goals, we are working to provide an environment for our employees that is a really enjoyable place to work.
- There are certainly different aspects that I would have never done without joining Farm Owners Academy.
- Having that freedom to be able to choose our roles that we play in the farm. Now nearly 3 years into Farm Owners Academy we’ve really developed the systems and core business.
- It’s really fast tracked us and given me the skills and structure to go through that process.
- Having the Farm Owners Academy team, that support network there to be able to do that has just been fantastic.
- We’re leaps and bounds ahead of where we were, we only just wish we got into something like this a lot earlier.
- Greg came out and spent just one day with us talking, we’re now out of debt and moving ahead… it was a 2 year turnaround.
- Since joining Farm Owners Academy, we got rid of a third of our farm and maintained our stocking rates, now we’re making more money than we were before.
- The most useful thing I’ve learnt from Farm Owners Academy is the benchmarking, the planning has definitely helped us… we have so much more time on our hands now.
- Farm Owners Academy has changed the way we look at our farm. We now look at it like a business because that’s exactly what it is.
- When we first started Farm Owners Academy I was definitely quite apprehensive about what was ahead but looking back on it knowing what we know now, there’s no way we wouldn’t go through it again.
- I couldn’t recommend it enough.
- This course has been nothing short of brilliant thus far, I can see massive changes from when I started to where I am now.
- I couldn’t be happier that I am in this program and the positives I’ve seen.
- We had a good business but I can see now it’s going to be an excellent business.
- We're on target to double our turnover off the same area of land.
- Everyting we have learnt, we can put into practice in another business if that's what we decided to do.
- On target to double our stocking capacity.
- Through FOA's benchmarking and accountability we have identified and solved potential problems and become more efficient.
- We've discovered a massive upside that didn't exist 3 months ago.
- From stuck in a rut & frustrated to goal setting & vision planning.
- We have a group of people to check in, hold us accountable and ensure we implement the knowledge.
- We have found our people! We're pumped!
- We were always working hard and chasing our tail, but not getting anywhere.
- We’re definitely a lot more positive now we’ve been to FOA
- That’s why I did it, I want to be a successful farmer.
- As we move through the course it became very apparent and very evident that there’s a lot that we have learnt that we can apply to our business that was a huge help to not only improve our profitability but also improve the efficiency and structure.
- I would highly recommend this course to someone else.
- It would be very rare for someone to have entered the agriculture industry with the level of skills that we’re getting taught through this course.
- We were looking for the next step in our business.
- We wanted to secure the future of our young family.
- We need to implement a lot of new change and strategies on the business side.
- We’ve learnt so much, its so motivating and thought-provoking.
- We can’t wait to get home and make the changes
- We came to FOA to get some direction and tools to progress us to the next level.
- We now have a long-term strategy of bringing younger family members into the business and plan our exit out.
- We learnt there are support systems and tools out there that we can access.
- There’s a whole network of farmers looking for the same things, and we can bounce of each other by becoming involved in FOA.
- My take home message is: write down your jobs and goals…. if its not written down it doesn’t happen
Dave & Bianca McGiveron
- This time last year we were mentally struggling, our heads weren’t in the right place, we were playing the victim and felt everything was out of our control.
- This year we’re in such a better position because the TOP Producers Workshop gave us tools to put some action into place.
- Despite the drought we had a record month and we’re on track to achieve a revenue of $1m by this time next year!
- We’re so grateful for the tools you have given us to exceed in our business.
- Prior to me joining Farm Owners Academy, it was all work hard in order to achieve in life, whereas now we are working smarter. We have more efficiencies by having an amazing workman, it has really freed me up to spend time on the strategic side of the business. By having the right staff, the right systems, and strategies in place we can do that.
- Since joining Farm Owners Academy, we have now set ourselves a goal of 40 kilograms of clean fleece weight per hectare, which is a 33% increase on our first two benchmarks .
- We’ve got goals and targets, 1-year, 3-year,10-year goals and off/on farm investments to make sure that down the track when it comes time to hand over, or whatever happens in our succession planning, it’s going to make that process so much easier by planning from an early age. I know that if we implement the strategies that we have learnt through Farm Owners Academy, follow the process, have our goals in place that we will achieve them and go beyond.
- “It has honestly changed our life and it will change our future generations life”.