As Part III on the important topic of RESILIENCE, I speak with the incredible Maria Ruberto – specialist in the neuroscience and deep psychology of human resilience.
Her official definition: Advancing despite adversity.
I find how our mind works so fascinating. Recent advances in neuroscience continue to help us more deeply understand this area and seem to favour the more innate and humanistic practices advocated for mental well-being, personal development, self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
In fact, there is now a transformational model – the PR6 FACTOR – that outlines the six core domains underpinning human resilience… who knew!!
In this episode, Maria and I explore:
- what is it to be resilient;
- how the mind works from a scientific standpoint;
- how our mind, when left unchecked, can work against us;
- how we automatically respond when faced with adversity;
- how we can self-regulate in order to enhance our response & realities;
- how big of an issue mental ‘ill-health’ (as the opposing side to resilience) is for us as a community; and
- how resilience is something we can work on and build over time.
Importantly, and as Maria suggests, be kind to yourself as you listen to this. If you feel these podcasts ‘trigger you’ or raise issues for you, we urge you to reach out and speak to a professional on any one of these related support lines:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
- Mensline: 1300 789 978
- Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800
- Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Blue Knot Helpline: 1300 657 380
Resilience is an immensely important topic – especially as farmers and valued participants in families and rural communities.
For those interested in deepening your ability in this area, please consider Maria’s training series: Resilience First Aid – click here to discover more!
Thank you, Maria, for the work you do, for your commitment, and for your unwavering dedication to helping individuals, families, and teams be better – for themselves and each other.
I so very much value your time and insights in this conversation.
Be well, everyone and thank you!
Hutch & Team
P.S. Discover more about the six domains of resilience – click here
P.P.S. Find out more about Maria Ruberto and her incredible work – click here
P.P.P.S. If you think this episode or podcast series would benefit someone else, please forward this on to them!
When you’re ready to take the next step and work with us, here are three things you can do:
1. Subscribe to our ‘Profitable Farmer’ podcast
This free audio podcast delivers ideas to help you run a great business, leading to more profit, control and freedom – Click here.
2. Join the Farm Owner Academy’s closed Facebook group ‘Profitable Farmer’
Our new Facebook community is where smart farm owners learn how to get more profit, control and freedom, and you can connect with like-minded farm owners – Click here to join
3. Work with us privately
If you’d like our team to help you scale up your farming business or create a ‘freedom farm’ just email us at email@example.com and put “Private” in the subject line… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to improve and I’ll send you the information you need to get started!