Are you frustrated because your vision for the farm is different to other family members and you can’t agree on the way forward?
In this podcast, David Westbrook and I discuss one of the BIGGEST issues affecting family farms.
Disagreements between generations, parents and/or siblings is a real issue and an unbelievably common occurrence in the farming sector.
In this episode we explore the importance of core values and how to get everyone on the same page.
Here are some of the things we discuss:
- Different generations wanting different things from the farm.
- Why having written core values will give you more direction, clarity and motivation.
- Why understanding others values will improve relationships.
- Why judging and feeling judged is down to a lack of awareness.
We want to help you work through these issues and enable you to live the farm life that you all want… because why would you allow someone else to dictate your future?
We hope this podcast answers some questions and helps you encourage every member of your family to work towards a common goal.
After this you’re going to have the best family Christmas ever!!
We hope you find this episode valuable. Feel free to head over to the Profitable Farmer Podcast page to tell us what you think.
Click here to download the Core Values.
P.S Whenever you’re ready…here are 3 ways we can help you grow your farming business:
1. The founders of FOA run a special free online training to show you how to create a profitable business that has the ability to work without you (creating a freedom farm) – Click here to register for the next one.
2. Join the Farm Owner Academy’s closed Facebook group ‘Profitable Farmer’
Our new Facebook community is where smart farm owners learn how to get more profit, control and freedom, and you can connect with like-minded farm owners – click here to join.
3. Subscribe to our ‘Profitable Farmer’ podcast
This free audio podcast delivers ideas to help you run a great business – leading to more profit, control and freedom – click here.