Some people may dismiss the idea of doing inner work as being fluffy or unimportant, but in reality, we all carry some form of damage from our upbringing and environment.
Most people never change after the age of 18, and that’s why doing inner work to become a better person can take a lot of courage. It requires us to unlearn negative programming and rewire our mindset to live a more fulfilling life.
During our recent team planning meeting, one of my colleagues shared how reading Robin Sharma’s book, The 5am Club, had helped her understand that starting the day negatively can impact the entire day. This realisation empowered her to catch herself when thinking negatively and change her mindset to have a positive day. This shows how a simple idea can significantly impact our lives and how inner work can help us transform our mindset for the better.
If you’re wondering whether your inner work is paying off, here are some signs to look out for:
- You don’t get angry as often as you used to.
- You experience less stress in your daily life.
- You’re less triggered by people, and you can recognise when it’s your own stuff and not theirs.
- You take full responsibility for your actions and don’t blame others.
- You’re more understanding and compassionate towards others, and you seek to resolve conflicts peacefully.
- You’re comfortable being still and not always needing to be busy.
- You’re confident in who you are and don’t care as much about what others think of you.
- You’re less judgmental and more accepting of others.
- You’re more optimistic about life and believe that things will work out.
- You’re more loving and live from the heart rather than the head.
- You’re less reliant on praise and recognition from others.
- You’re content with where you are in life and don’t feel the need to prove yourself constantly.
- You have a greater appreciation for the interconnectedness of all things and feel a responsibility to care for the environment and those around you.
By noticing these positive changes in yourself, you can celebrate the progress you’ve made and continue to do the inner work to become the best version of yourself. Remember that inner work is an ongoing journey, and there’s always room for growth and improvement.
Have a great day,
P.S. Join me and the Farm Owners Academy team for an enriching two-day event in June at the beautiful Sunshine Coast in QLD, where you can focus on your personal and business growth. If you’re ready to invest in yourself and your business, this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Don’t miss out on this chance. Grab your ticket now at https://www.farmownersacademy.com/event/
Is Farm Owners Academy a cult?
The 7 habits of highly effective farm business owners
How farm owners can overcome rising costs, inflation and softening commodity prices
How to Overcome the Dip and Make Better Business Decisions
Real wealth is not what you think
Stop making ‘average’ business decisions at tax time